A lot of (beginning) sysads have asked me how I pinned my custom management console to my windows taskbar. By default you are not able to do so by just right-clicking the icon and selecting “pin to taskbar”. In this short tutorial I will show youhow its done
- Start mmc by opening start >run and typing mmc followed by pressing enter
- Open the add snap-ins menu by clicking file>Add/Remove Snap-in
- Select the snap-ins you would like to use and pres the add button, when you done you can clik OK
- Now save the console by clicking file>save as and save the console in a folder you prefer.
- Close the console and navigate to the folder where you saved the console.
- Right click the console and select pin to taskbar
- Great success!